Monday, September 26, 2011

My husband's voice

Well it's just about 9:00pm on Sunday night and the kids are getting ready for bed. They've showered and picked out their clothes for school tomorrow. Both girls are quietly reading in their rooms which is really quite nice considering most times they fight like cats and dogs.

Today has been one of those days where I've been a bit overwhelmed with things. There is no one thing in particular that set the tone for the day. I guess it was just a combination of things. The groceries needed to be done, homework needed to be finished, bills to pay, work to do (did I mention that not only do I hold a full-time job from 8:30 to 4:00, I also work from home at night?) and of course, find a job in Texas. So, to say I am a little overworked is just about right. The one voice that can always put me at ease and reassure me that everything is going to be alright is the one voice I can't hear from and the one I miss the most.

A coworker of mine joked the other day saying "Damn girl! You've got broad shoulders" meaning that I seem to be able to take the hits and keep coming back for more.

When my husband was allowed to call me, all I would need to hear from him is "You and me, back to back, nothing else matters" and I instantly knew that everything would be alright. I haven't heard his voice in 4 months and I haven't seen his face in over a year and I miss it.

You know there is just something so reassuring about hearing the voice of the man you love tell you he loves you that makes everything OK and gives you exactly what you need to keep going and from what my husband tells me, the same can be said for him. He says that he could be having the worst day inside and a few words from me can make it all go away. He says that his body may be in the worst place it's ever been in his life but that his heart and soul are in the best place they've ever been. How's that for loving your wife?

I will tell you this, that kind of love just doesn't come along every day but when it does, it's enough to soften the hardest heart and pull you up by your bootstraps so that you are ready to take on any and all comers. So, am I ready? You bet your ass!

2 comments:

  1. A year since you seen him and a month since you heard his voice? OMG you are strong! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment and your support. I really appreciate it but it's been 4 months since I've heard his voice. Four long agonizing months and I don't know when I might hear from him again. Strong? Not so much. Just doing what I do. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete