Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What do you say?

What do you say to the man you love more than your own life when he declares his love for you in such a way that brings you to tears? There really aren't any words that can sum up the love I have for my husband and the lengths I would go to for him.

Today, I received a 12 page letter from him and that just made my day. Letters are our only form of communication and his words are absolutely priceless to me. I have amassed over 1,000 pages of letters from my husband in the year that he's been gone. Of course he always tells me how much he loves me but today, right when I needed to hear it the most, he said "never ever doubt my love for you cause it will always be there. You have my heart. No doubt."

He tells me I am his rock but I wonder if he knows how much strength I draw from him. It is because of him that I get up every day and do what needs to be done for him and for our family and it is because of him that I haven't fallen to pieces when others might. I've been told how strong a wife and mother I am but I have to believe that anyone else in my situation, with the love I have for my husband, would do the very same thing. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe it is easier to fold like a house of cards than it is to square up and do what needs doing. Maybe there will come a day when I take the easy way out but...today is not that day.

I am a prison wife and there are none stronger. No doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment