Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Little moments

It's been a few days since I've written anything largely in part because I haven't really felt inspired to write; that is until today. I received a letter from my husband and that always inspires me. It never ceases to amaze me at the depth of his love for me and that is something that has taken some getting used to. When you finally have what you've always wanted in life, someone that was put on this earth just for you, it can overwhelm you and for the first little while it did. I'm not saying that some of the things that my husband says still don't take my breath away but I have come to accept that I have had an impact on him just as he has had one on me.

He started out by teasing me a bit about the attention that my blog has been getting since I started writing back in August and how small I was compared to our two girls. That's his way. Then he mentioned how proud he was of me and how he had hoped that I would continue blogging even after he came home.

When I started writing, I didn't think that I would really have much to say. I thought I might write a few things and that maybe a few of my friends would read my blog. I never imagined that nearly 2,500 people from all over the world would visit my blog page and continue to come back time after time to read the things I write. One woman who reads my blog regularly said "I swear sometimes I'm so excited about your blogs I'm like a lil kid on Christmas Eve". Another woman said "You are a beautiful writer and have put what so many of us feel every day, and feel like no one else in the world understands, into such eloquent words. Thank you for sharing your journey..." That's some pretty powerful stuff.

When it comes to writing about my husband and me, it comes very naturally to me. I don't even have to think about it very much. I just sit down and the love I have for him just comes out. As he says "it's smooth like butter". As anyone who has read this blog knows, I send everything I write to my husband and at his suggestion, I am considering writing a book about our journey together - the good, the bad and the ugly.

He has been, and continues to be, my greatest supporter not to mention the inspiration for everything I write and that is hard for him to absorb. When you have been through what he has been through in his life, it’s hard to believe that you will find that someone you were meant to be with and that there will be a happily-ever-after. So, to say he was very guarded when we first met would be, I think, very accurate. You see the kind of love that we have for each other is uncharted territory for both of us and while it may have taken us a minute to finally find each other and another minute to let go of all of what we thought love was, it's the millions of minutes we have ahead of us that matter most.


1 comment: