Thursday, November 03, 2011

You Make me Better

Well, I think that it's time to break out the tissues. I received two letters yesterday from my husband and boy does he love his wife! He had me in tears from the word go. He told me about a song he heard on the radio that he had forgotten about and that had gotten him all choked up. He said not to listen to it if I wasn't in the crying mood. The minute I saw the title of the song, my eyes welled up with tears because I had heard it before and I had always wished and hoped for that kind of love - the kind of love that makes you weak in the knees and gives you butterflies - the kind of love that can conquer anything and lets you know that you have finally found what you've always been looking for and that is your other half.

He said "I bet your crying right now" and he was right. I was but I listened to it anyway and I cried even more. My tears were partially because I missed my husband but mainly because of the message it sent. It reminded me of him and also surprised me at the true depth of his love for me and I have never had that before. To be loved so completely by another human being is by far the greatest gift. For my husband to feel that just being with me and being loved by me makes him better is an awe inspiring and all encompassing feeling. I thought I always knew the depth of my husband's love for me but after this letter, it's never been more clear.

~~"It's your love" by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill. I dare you to listen to it and not cry.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment