Sunday, August 07, 2011

4th and goal

Good morning,

Well today is Sunday and while that may not seem like such a big deal to many, to my husband it was his favourite day on the outside. It was a day that was his to do whatever he wanted and what he wanted was football. My husband is a huge NFL fan so every Sunday around 11:00am he would make his way to the local pub and sit and watch football all day. He much preferred going to places that weren't so mainstream because all he wanted to do was watch the game. He didn't want the music. He didn't want the crowd. Just football. His perfect Sunday would have been to go to the pub, sit at the bar with a cold Budweiser and watch game after game and talk football. Better be careful talking football with my husband though. He knows his stuff and I haven't seen anybody yet that can go toe to toe with him on stats. That's his thing. He can tell you where a player went to university, what round he was drafted, who he used to play for and any and all records that player might hold. Oh and it's not just the NFL that gets him. He loves university ball as well and can rip off stats like most say the alphabet. How does he remember all this? I am not really sure but if I were a betting woman, and I am, I would say it's for the love of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment