Thursday, August 04, 2011

What are you going to do?

Today, whether I wanted it to come or not, is the one-year anniversary of my husband being in prison. I find it hard to believe he's been gone that long as some days it feels like he just left and other days it feels like he's been gone a lifetime. I didn't get any mail from him today either which makes it an especially hard day for me. This day was by the far the worst day of my life and while some may want to bury that memory, I want to remember every minute of it. Seeing my husband in handcuffs broke my heart. I'll never forget the look on his face - the sadness in his eyes when he asked me "what are you going to do when they take me back to Texas?" and I said "move to Texas". I meant it then and I mean it now. My life wouldn't be my life without my husband in it and so when my husband comes home I will be having his release day and the day he left our family permanently etched on my skin so that I never forget. I want to be reminded every day of the worst day of my life and the best day of my life and to never take one free moment with my husband for granted. Is he really that important to me? Hell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment