Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The Mail is Here!!

Well I finally got mail from my husband. Of course, it was from 2 weeks ago but I'll take it. Getting mail from him is definitely the highlight of my day. I won't lie and say that all of his mail is rainbows and sunshine because it isn't. I am sure he keeps a lot of things about prison life from me and that's OK. I don't think I could bear to know right now what really goes on inside prison and I am not sure that I will ever want to know. We have always said that there are no secrets and no surprises so if he is keeping certain things from me about prison life I don't consider it him keeping a secret. I see it more of an I am protecting my wife kind of thing. I do the same thing for him. I will protect him at all costs and there are things that I don't tell him because right now his head needs to be in the game, so to speak, and he needs to focus on nothing more than doing his time and coming home to his wife and children. My husband doesn't make promises lightly and when he does he will do whatever is necessary to ensure he keeps it so when he first went to TDC and promised me that he would always be safe and sound I took him at his word. As of this day, he has kept that promise and I don't worry for one second that he isn't safe and sound. However, his medical condition is something totally different. As I have posted before, it would seem that he has a herniated disc around C6 or C7 which is causing him to lose the use of his right arm and hand. He has been dropping I-60's for 6 months now and is now further ahead getting the treatment that is needed to alleviate the pain he is in 24/7. MRI's are need. EMG's are needed and they are nowhere in sight and so my husband suffers and struggles everyday to do the simplest tasks like tying his shoes or shaving and he is only 38! What's in store for him? I think only TDC knows for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment